Here are some “green” winter tips for our friends!
- In the event of a snow storm, please remember to shovel out your trash toter or leave it in an easily accessible location for your driver to pick up on your residential trash pickup day. Commercial businesses should also make sure their dumpsters are easily accessible to avoid a delay in trash or recycling pickup.
- Consider using non-toxic de-icing substances like clean clay cat litter, sand, or fireplace/stove ash to prevent hazardous waste from chemicals. Chemical de-icers can be hazardous to your pets, trees, shrubs, and our environment.
- If you have a wood-burning fireplace, save the ashes in a tin instead of throwing them away. Cold wood ashes can be mixed in your compost to create a valuable soil amendment that provides nutrients to your garden!
- Stock up on rechargeable batteries rather than disposable ones for use in the event there is a power outage.
- Use electric snow removal products rather than gasoline-powered ones. Electric products consume more energy but they do not emit greenhouse gases.
- Heading someplace warmer and need to put your residential or commercial trash pickup on hold? Call Nauset Disposal at 508.255.1419 to put your account on vacation status or skip a pickup, please be sure to give us at least 24 hours notice!
Don’t forget to keep us in mind for any of your winter projects. House cleanouts, dumpster rentals, junk removal, and special jobs are great things to tackle for those milder winter weekends. Give us a call at 508.255.1419 to schedule your next project.