HubSpot’s 2021 State of Marketing Report found that Facebook generates the highest ROI for marketers, with Instagram coming in second. This isn’t surprising as Facebook has incredible reach and importantly, allows marketers to target specific audiences, making the message more compelling.
The question then becomes if Facebook has the highest return, how can you get even more out of it for your business? You need a plan. The results will take time so put the pieces in place and see how it goes. If it’s not working, the great thing about social media is that you can instantly change direction. Start with the basics:
- Continually learn about your target audience. Know your customers, why and when they buy from you and always follow your competition. Is there an opportunity to incent their customers to switch? What’s important to them and can your product/service meet that need? Try running different campaigns to the distinctly different audiences by targeting ads to each group.
- Make your content locally relevant. Make it about your brand and how it integrates into the Cape community. Look for ways to make that message more interesting. Video will definitely increase your engagement levels (the key metric).
- Spread your content the extra mile. Use it on other social channels, as a blog on your website, in traditional ads or in communication pieces such as flyers, PR releases, etc. Consumers need to see information more than once to generate strong awareness of your brand and your message. If you know your customer (see #1), you’ll know where to use this content.
- Have a plan—know what you are trying to accomplish with your social media. Are you trying to get viewers to go to your website or to come into your store or to call for information. Be clear, make the ask and schedule your messaging so that you’re hitting your customer at the right times. And once you know your schedule, create as much content as possible in advance and post it with advanced scheduling. Create graphics that reinforce your brand and a template so viewers automatically know it’s you and pay attention. Sure, you may add or delete a message as time goes on but be as ready as possible. Don’t let it overwhelm you by doing it daily.
- Ensure that viewers can purchase online or contact you online. It’s all about making it easy for your customers.
- Use your team to help sell. Encourage your employees or suppliers to share your content and amplify it with their own messages, acknowledging your brand and extending the reach of your message.
Monitor the results and learn from those posts that generate the highest engagement and action levels. Continually refine your plan. Facebook will be an even bigger contributor to your business.
Need help with this or other business questions? SCORE Cape Cod & the Islands provides free, confidential mentoring. Contact us at [email protected], at 508-775-4884 or on our website at www.capecod.score.org