Each November, Nauset Disposal organizes our annual food drive, Curb Hunger, to help those in need in our community. Unfortunately, Curb Hunger is going to look a lot different this year due to COVID. This is a tradition that we love, as we get to give back to our community and provide our customers with an easy way to donate non-perishable goods to our local food pantries. There are still many opportunities to help support these organizations for the upcoming holiday season. If you’re in a position to help your local food pantry, please do!
About Family Pantry of Cape Cod
Food Insecurity on the Cape traditionally runs around 10% or roughly 23,000 people, that number has risen during the Pandemic and will continue to increase as residents are laid off due to the seasonality of the Cape.
- Due to the Pandemic, the Family Pantry is not accepting any food donations at this time.
- PSA: The Family Pantry is open and accepting new clients. All barriers to access the pantry have been removed, so documentation is not required to register. The process is simple and a new client can receive food at the time they register and they can then shop every 14 days.
How you can help:
- Donate Clothing, Housewares, etc. at the Donation Center, located at the rear of the Second Glance Thrift Shop in West Harwich.
- Become a Bag a Month Ambassador ($25, $50, $75 or $100 commitment per month). Click here to learn more about this monthly program.
- Make any donation online or by mail to:
The Family Pantry – 133 Queen Anne Road – Harwich MA 02645
About South Shore Community Action Council
Given this startling trend of growing food insecurity and hunger, it is clear there is a direct need for more quality, nutritious food for this region’s low-income individuals and families.
- SSCAC’s Food Distribution Center not only serves as the hub for safely collecting and storing food aid, but also as the nexus point for distributing this food aid throughout Plymouth County.
- The Food Distribution Center has 45 members, all of which are food pantries, soup kitchens, Councils on Aging, elementary schools, and other non-profit emergency food assistance providers.
- Center members distribute to a 29-town area, primarily in Plymouth County, but also including a small number of cities Bristol County.
How you can help:
- The Food Distribution Center will accept food donations from Nauset Disposal customers on Saturday, November 14 between the hours of 11AM and 1PM at the 71 Obery Street, Plymouth location.
- Make a one time or recurring donation to SSCAC using their secure online donation form.
NEWS, EVENTS & GIVEAWAYS
Enter to win $25 to DJ's Family Sports Pub! a Rafflecopter giveaway
MANAGE MY ACCOUNT
SIGNUP FOR SERVICE
SCHEDULE A PICKUP