We’re looking for reliable and dependable employees to play a critical role on our Team! This position will perform several essential roles, such as assisting the driver to safely navigate the truck, front line customer service, and collect curbside waste and/or recycling in a safe and efficient manner.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Assists route driver with a complete pre-trip inspection including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s)
- Lifts and carries residential waste to truck and deposits into compactor
- Operates hand hydraulic controls to cycle compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, and supervisors
- Assist route driver with cleaning up the area around an accidental waste spill
- Performs helper/shaker check-in procedures upon returning to the facility at the end of the day
- Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Additional duties may include washing trucks, delivering or cleaning waste carts and portable toilets, and general yard clean up
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test
- Must have reliable form of personal transportation
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Medical insurance
- 401k with matching contribution
Apply for this position online at careers.wasteconnections.com.