Resolve to be Green in 2018
It’s that time of year where everyone’s making resolutions… Be more organized, save money, lose weight, travel more… But what about becoming more eco-friendly, treating the earth better, and consuming and wasting less? Now’s the time! Here are 5 easy ways you can resolve to be green in 2018.
- Ditch the paper. Rather than using paper towels, use cloth towels in your kitchen. It may be difficult to break the habit, so we suggest getting rid of the paper towels all together rather than leaving them as a backup. Stop using paper napkins and go for cloth instead. Have some leftover fabric laying around? Check out this super easy way to make your own no-sew cloth napkins.
- Go digital. File your taxes electronically and cut back on paper usage. Here’s some useful information to help you when considering e-file vs. paper. While you’re at it, consider switching all of your bills to online payment and e-bill. Reducing consumption and transportation of paper can make a big environmental impact (think less waste and lower greenhouse gas emissions). Did you know you can save 5% off your monthly bill with Nauset Disposal by signing up for e-bill? Here’s how: nausetdisposal.com/go-green-campaign/
- BYO…M? Take your own travel mug to your favorite coffee shop! Some shops will even give you a discount if you bring your own container. While we’re talking beans, find out if your coffee is triple certified – certified by Fairtrade, Rainforest Alliance and the Soil Association – meaning it’s ethically and sustainably produced.
- Compost at home. We’ve talked in the past about the importance of reducing your waste at home and this is an easy one with multiple benefits. Save money and resources, keep valuable resources out of the landfill, help to extend landfill lifespans and reduce greenhouse gases. Bonus – you can even include fireplace ashes in your compost. BOOM. Interested in starting a winter compost? Here are some helpful tips!
- Lose the plastic. If you’re drinking bottled water, stop. Pick up a reusable container at nearly any local store for less than what you spend in a week on bottled water. This will leave more money in your pocket, and less plastic in our oceans. Dump the plastic bags, which are made using non-renewable sources, take enormous amounts of energy to manufacture, don’t break down in landfill sites, and are incredibly difficult to recycle.
January Giveaway – $20 Gift Card to Ya’ll’s Wicked Kitchen
Checkout the newest addition to the Yarmouth dining scene! Y’all’s Wicked Kitchen brings a southern flare to classic fare. The menu’s recipes have been carefully curated from Sara’s family’s recipes (from South Carolina) and Jason’s experiences in developing successful menu options from several destinations across the U.S. Enter the giveaway using the link below.
2017 Holiday Schedule
Please be advised of our revised holiday schedule below. These changes will affect residential customers on both trash and recycling routes for the weeks of December 25-29, 2017 and January 1-5, 2018.
- Monday routes will be serviced on Tuesday
- Tuesday routes will be serviced on Wednesday
- Wednesday AND Thursday routes will be serviced on Thursday
- Friday routes – No change
As always, please be sure to have your container accessible to our drivers by 5AM on your revised day of pickup.
Our office will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
If you have any questions about the route changes noted above, please call our office at 508.255.1419.
Looking Back on 2017
We made this video for our company Christmas Party but couldn’t resist sharing 🙂
Happy Holidays to all of you, thanks for your continued support. Looking forward to seeing what 2018 brings! 🥂
Music 🎵 https://www.bensound.com
It’s that time of year where everyone’s making resolutions… Be more organized, save money, lose weight, travel more… But what about becoming more eco-friendly, treating the earth better, and consuming and wasting less? Now’s the time! Here are 5 …Read More
“To the great folks at Nauset, Just a quick note to thank you so much for taking care of our needs and “ saving my butt” this summer. I forgot about starting the service and on Tuesday I called you and you were able to pick up SAME DAY, and if that is not enough after the renters left for the season, they put the garbage out too late, but you came by on Monday and took care of it.”Kara Millis Very grateful- You guys are the best!!